Khao niao mamuang
Khao niao mamuang or Mango sticky rice is a Thai dessert made with glutinous rice , fresh mango and
coconut milk. It is a traditional Thai food. It is prepared with glutinous rice, commonly called sticky rice. Mango
Sticky Rice is served warm or at room temperature.
* 1 ½ Cup of Sticky rice
* 5 Mango
* 500 g. Coconut milk
* 6 tablespoons of white sugar
* ½ tea spoon of salt
1. Wash and soak sticky rice with water for 2 hours .
2. Put sticky rice in steamer , than steam it until sticky rice is cooked.( About 15-20 mins)
3. In a small pot, add coconut milk sugar and salt Set on low heat. Stir until all ingredients are well, Leave for a few minutes then
remove from heat.
4. In a medium bowl, Put the steamed sticky rice and add the mixed ingredients. Stir until all ingredients together and leave at least 10-15 minutes.
6. Peel the mango skin and served with sticky rice. Should serve immediately after peeling mango new.